niedziela, 7 lutego 2010

Horn

I've got a horn, quite old, quite small and not very pretty. It comes straight from the polish cow ;-) And I found it as a very good material to learn - how to prepare a horn. My horn is clean, desinfected and chafed with an abrasive paper.

I knew that a horn should be filled with wax inside, so I bought 3 candles made from beeswax.

I cut the candle along, take out the wick and tear the rest of wax for a small pieces.

I prepare a "hot wash" - so I put some empty pots to the big pot with a boiling water.

I put the waxscraps inside the smaller pots and wait until everything is liquefied.

Now I use a brush to "paint" my horn inside with the melted wax.

I used only one candle, but it was enough. I made a few layers of wax inside my horn. It looks like on the photo below:


Next time I'm going to decorate the horn, but now I'll check if wine taste better when it's drinked from that horn :>

(*I realized that my english isn't very well - sorry for all mistakes :-) but I hope it's still understandable :-P)

1 komentarz:

  1. Your English is easy to understand, and I enjoy reading what you have to say :-)

    I actually left my horn untreated; but I spent a couple weeks scrubbing it, and went through a pair of scrub brushes in the process. The result is a slight taste of bone in the drink; but not a 'bad' taste ... for flavor purposes, I also have a glass drinking horn :-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń